Southwestern Adventist University is affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is accredited by:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges*
- The Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
*SWAU IS accredited to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033 or 404-679-4500 for questions about accreditation.
The University is a member of the following:
- National League for Nursing
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
- The Department of Business Administration at Southwestern Adventist University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a listing of accredited programs, click here.
- Texas Education Agency. Contact the TEA at 1701 N. Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701 or 512-463-9734 for questions about accreditation.
- Texas Board of Nursing. Contact the Texas BON at 333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-460, Austin, TX 78701-3944 or 512-305-7400 or email@example.com
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Contact the CCNE at One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036-1120 or call (202) 887-6791.