CASA is Here to Help!
The Center for Academic Success and Advising (CASA) represents the heart of academic and career support for all students at SWAU. The center works closely with faculty and staff to support and assist students in the development of their academic and social skills from orientation through graduation.
What is academic coaching?
Coaching is not unique to athletics. It is an opportunity to encourage, support, and motivate. Our CASA academic coaches are prepared to support your efforts, encourage you when it feels overwhelming and impossible, and motivate you to achieve your highest potential.
CASA helps by:
- Working with students to clarify and decode their strengths, interests, and values, enabling them to chart a realistic path to success
- Assisting students in developing their coping sensibilities, problem-solving skills, and decision-making approach to meet their goals
- Providing clear, accurate, and consistent information regarding the University’s policies, procedures, regulations, and resources
- Helping students develop an education plan consistent with their career aspirations or chosen vocation and monitoring their progress toward fulfilling their plan
- Encouraging and motivating students to excel beyond their self-imposed limitations by allowing them to see the endless possibilities ahead
Academic coaching schedule
CASA, Hagen Hall Room 100
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday, all subjects
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For further assistance, contact Renata Ocampo at 817-202-6320 or email@example.com.
SWAUonline Academic Coaching Request
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions or to schedule a meeting.
Need to refer a student? Faculty and Advisors go to Dropout Detective