A Business degree at Southwestern Adventist University helps you to develop real-life business skills to prepare and test you in an academic environment that fosters innovation and creativity!
The Department of Business Administration strives to prepare you for Christian service and business leadership in today’s global economy. We have built our department on academic excellence, integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit. We aim to serve and value a diverse student body, equipping you with the intellectual fortitude to change the world.
A bachelor’s degree in business:
- Is designed for on-campus students pursuing a dual major or pre-professional program
- Puts emphasis on giving you real world experiences through internships and business strategy simulations.
- Provides an opportunity to build strong leadership skills through our award-winning Enactus Club.
- Gives hands-on field experience to prepare you for the real work field.
- Prepares you for a stimulating and rewarding business oriented career.
- Is designed to be a general business degree aimed to give students pursuing other areas of interest (e.g., pre-med, pre-dental, pre-law) more flexibility to invest in other fields while still developing the breadth of management, interpersonal and professional skills required in today's complex business world.
A B.S. Business is designed for on-campus students pursing a dual major or pre-professional program. A B.S. Business is not a business degree for someone whose main focus is in business but for those seeking a business degree to compliment another non-business degree like pre-med, pre-dental, pre-occupational therapy, pre-law or for someone who wants a double major. The advantage of this degree is flexibility. If you want a more focused business curriculum, a B.B.A. Management would suit you better due to it being a larger degree with more concentrated business coursework.