We Prepare Young Professionals for Personal, Academic, and Career Success
It is our mission to give our students every resource and opportunity they need to succeed, which is why Pathways to Success offers a comprehensive program for students. Pathways to Success focuses on the personal, academic, and professional aspects of the university experience.
Each student is given a coach and the opportunity to take our freshman course, Habits for Success. During their time in our First-year Success Program, students learn the habits they need to succeed. Along with their coach, who will provide them the support they need during their first year at Southwestern Adventist University (SWAU), every first-year student is given a family group, since we are a family at SWAU.
Pathways to Success provides a variety of training and resources so that students have everything they need to succeed after college:
- Career guidance and assessments
- Resume building support
- Interview training platform
- Soft skills training
- Networking events
- Career exploration
Student Success Help Desk
Student Success is a resource for students who encounter roadblocks or barriers to help them stay on track during their time at SWAU. The Student Success team actively listens to the student's issue or concern and determines the best course of action to help find a resolution. Student Success staff monitor student grades, talk through the situation and possible solutions with the student, give student action items to work on, and direct the student back to their academic advisor or other appropriate campus resources. We will help you stay connected!
Student Success Help Desk Checklist
- Have you made contact with your Academic Advisor? They are most knowledgeable about your degree plan and curriculum.
- Have you made contact with Student Financial Services to resolve all financial issues?
- If your well-being is contributing to the problems you are experiencing, have you used the resources provided by Student Health Services, Counseling and Testing Services or a private provider?
- If you have attempted the above and have not been successful and still have questions or concerns, contact us: email@example.com
Learn more about The Office of Student Success