Become a Fossil Expert
We are excited to offer a new Fossil Preparator training class! It is one full day of hands-on training in the basics of paleontology, fossil excavation, preparation, preservation, and curation.
Whether you are a child interested in paleontology, a high schooler taking biology, a college student looking to build your resume, or a retiree seeking a new hobby, this class is for you!
We offer a Kid's Paleo class for ages 6-12 and an Adult Paleo class for ages 13 and up. Don't hesitate to contact us with questions about the class and which section will work best for you.
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am: Introduction, an overview of the basics of paleontology, and a museum tour
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm: Excavation and jacketing
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch break
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Fossil preparation and replication
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Course exam, which must be passed to receive a certificate of completion